Human Resource Generalist – Orlando, FL
H2IT is looking for an experienced Human Resource (HR) Generalist to join our creative team. We are seeking a dynamic individual who will embrace our core values and culture. The HR Generalist will report to the CFO. Strong track record of effectively working with all levels of an organization on Human Resource matters to enhance employee engagement while supporting company objectives.
The HR Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior management. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action, and employment law compliance.
The successful candidate will:
- Set high standards of performance for themselves and others.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Seek new knowledge and experiences; have an analytical mindset that can utilize factual data to develop solutions.
- Be self-aware and adjust accordingly to different environments.
- 5+ years of Human Resources experience
- BA/BS in HR, Business Administration, or other related fields
- Experience recruiting for technical positions (e.g., engineers, cleared talent, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice of Human Resources practices, processes, and regulations.
- Demonstrated understanding EEO employment laws.
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting methods such as, attracting passive and active candidates.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships, collaborate with others, engage in constructive conflict, and manage interpersonal dynamics.
- Strong decision making, judgement, oral and written communication
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency using relevant software tools (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Government/ SCA experience preferred.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the hiring process including recruitment of qualified staff.
- Recruit and attract highly skilled talent to fill key roles across the business
- Maintain local hiring processes by posting jobs, organizing onsite interviews, and updating job descriptions
- Negotiates offers with selected candidates, provides insight into H2 IT Solutions benefits, career paths/opportunities, and other competitive features that differentiate our company.
- Onboard new employees and conduct engaging new hire orientations.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Provide support and consultation to supervisors on employee relations issues.
- Ensure HR compliance with state and federal labor laws, reporting and investigations.
- Proactively identify the needs for employees in learning and development.
- Administer various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Administer the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution.
- Handle employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Maintain company organizational charts and the employee directory.
- Maintain human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
Ability to Work Remotely: Full-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work remotely full time at a location other than a H2IT designated office/job site. Employees may travel to a H2IT office for periodic meetings.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Central Florida Regional Hospital, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Sick Leave
- 401K (Choice of contributing to a Roth / Traditional)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability coverage
Security Clearance: Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance.
Travel: Little to no travel is expected for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.